Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is It Just Me?

I am taking the time to reflect on President-Elect Barack Obama's victory last week. It was a great day and I am very happy he won. I don't think this country could take four more years of the Republicans in the White House.

Have you noticed their are plenty of "experts" in the blogosphere and punditocracy willing to give the President-Elect advice about what he should or should not do? With every announcement (or mere speculation) we get endless "analysis" of what it may actually "mean."

The drama is more than I can take right now.

I have grown weary of it.

No more cable news for me for a while. I've got a stack of very good books waiting for me and I look forward to reading them. I will spend this time from now until January 20th reading longer newspaper and magazine pieces, books, and thinking. Just thinking. I have little time of late to just think.

I will spend less time blogging about the process of campaigns and more time on policy.


No comments: